- ABOUT GMAT
- IBAGRADS – GMAT TEST PREPARATION
- GMAT TEST STRUCTURE
- GMAT ADVANTAGES
- GMAT TEST DATES/ CALENDAR
- GMAT RESGITERTAION PROCESS AND FEE
- GMAT CONTACT INFORMATION
What is GMAT and why should you take the GMAT?
GMAT is a computer-adaptive test which assesses a person’s analytical writing, quantitative, verbal and reading skills in standard written English. The full form of GMAT is Graduate Management Admission Test. This test is taken in preparation for being admitted into a graduate management program, such as MBA and Masters in Finance related courses.
The GMAT exam is a computer adaptive test and not a computer-based test, which means that the candidate will get one question at a time and depending on the accuracy of the previous answer, the difficulty level of the next question will be ascertained.
Why are the changes in updated GMAT 2019?
The GMAT changed on April 16, 2018. The Quantitative Reasoning Section dropped from 37 questions in 75 minutes to 31 questions in 62 minutes. The Verbal Reasoning Section dropped from 41 questions in 75 minutes to 36 questions in 65 minutes. The Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing Assessment along with the Score Preview and the optional break time will remain the same. GMAC has elected to reduce overall exam time from 4 hours to 3.5 hours (including breaks and instructions) by reducing the number of unscored questions used for research on the exam.
Is it better to appear in GMAT more than once?
Yes, usually your score improves from one attempt to another. If you have some good days of preparation its better to gave it twice especially for students applying in university with a compulsory GMAT requirement
The candidates can avail their GMAT result as soon as the exam is over. The candidate will have an option of accepting it or rejecting it. In the case of accepting the result, the candidate and the institutes of choice can view the result; but if the candidate declines the result none of the parties will be able to view the result of GMAT. Once the exam is over, candidates can download the non-official GMAT result. The main GMAT result can be downloaded only after 20 working days from one’s individual account on the GMAT website.
How long after the test can I use my scores?
GMAT scores are valid for five years after the testing year in which you tested. However, this varies from university to university.
IBAGRADS – GMAT TEST PREPARATION
Our GMAT Classroom Courses- Personalized, Proven, & Guaranteed
Our GMAT classroom course is among the most rigorous focused and personalized anywhere. The expert instructors will work closely work with you to identify your strengths and weaknesses, and you will get free extra help whenever you need it.
Structured Test Preparation
Whether it is Verbal or Quantitative, we first explain the concepts and tricks of the topic thoroughly and then make you practice with the real GMAT questions asked in the previous tests. We conduct 6 real GMAT tests throughout the course to gauge your improvement as we move along the course. These tests are different from the 8 tests given in the official guide. Through these tests, the instructor figures out your specific weak areas and works closely with you to turn your weaknesses into your strengths.
Proven Test Record
Our GMAT students improve an average of 250 points – the top 25% improve a whopping 400 points!
Total no. of classes: 30-35
Total no. of Hours: 120 hours
OFFICIAL GMAT FULL LENGTH Test under timed conditions: 6
Individual Attention: No more than 25 students in class.
GMAT TEST STRUCTURE
The GMAT exam pattern consists of mainly four sections which will test the candidate’s’ abilities on various parameters. These are – Writing, Reasoning, Verbal and Quantitative skills. The GMAT exam will be conducted in a time span of 3 hours and 30 minutes. GMAT scores are given with an increment of 10 points for example SSO, 560, 570 etc. You might want to check GMAT Syllabus 201 9 in detail.
GMAT 2019 Paper Pattern
|Section||No. of questions||Question Type||Duration|
|Analytical Writing |
|1 Topic||Analysis of an Argument||30 minutesv|
|Integrated Reasoning||12 questions||Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation, Two |
Part Analysis, Table Analysis
|Quantitative||31 questions||Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving||62 minutes|
|Verbal||36 questions||Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence |
|Total Exam Duration||3 hours 7 minutes|
GMAT Syllabus 2019
GMAT is three and a half hours test with a maximum score of 800 points. The entire GMAT Exam syllabus divided into four sections. Here is the division of the exam syllabus:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Integrated Reasoning
- Quantitative Section
- Verbal Section
GMAT Analytical Writing Section
The Analytical Writing section will have topics on which the candidate will have to write, or passage may be given on which questions will be asked. Based on the passage, the candidate will have to answer. The syllabus for this section is vast and varied as the topic of the passage could be any topic of interest. The main idea is to focus on the structure of the answer and not the arguments presented. Remember, it is not a test of your opinion but your writing style, so it is safer to stick to neutral opinion.
GMAT Integrated Reasoning Section
The Integrated Reasoning section is the newest addition in the GMAT Exam syllabus. This section tests the candidates’ ability to evaluate the data presented in graph or table format. This section has 12 questions of the following type:
- Table analysis
- Graphics interpretation
- Multi-source reasoning
- Two-part analysis
GMAT Quantitative Section
The Quantitative Section comprises of two sections, namely Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving. In the Data Sufficiency section there will be 18 questions and in the Problem Solving section, there will be 18 questions. The questions will be objective type and will have multiple choice answers. In this section the questions can be expected from the following math syllabus:
- Elementary Algebra
- Ratio Proportions
- Properties of Integers
- Permutation and combinations
- Exponents and roots
- Linear equations etc.
GMAT Verbal Skills Section
This Verbal Skills section will have 36 multiple choice questions. This section is divided into Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension and Sentence Correction. This section tests the candidates’ ability to comprehend the written material, read and understand the logical relationship between the points mentioned in the passage and concepts. Following areas will be covered in this section:
Rhetorical construction of the sentences
Sentence correction related to finding error or omission
Reading unseen passages
Countable Vs Uncountable
-For most local and international universities, GMAT scores are valid for 5 years.
-IBA gives admission test exemption to a candidate if his GMAT score is over 600.
-LUMS also considers GMAT scores in place of LUMS� own test LMAT.
-GMAT preparation will prepare a candidate for all local Business Schools admission tests as well. If you score
well on GMAT you are expected to clear the admission tests of all local business schools too.
-GMAT is standardized and specifically tells you about question structures and format. No other local test
does so. -GMAT offers multiple times a year.
GMAT TEST DATES/ CALENDAR
GMAT TEST DATES/ CALENDAR
Any Day all Year Long, Minus Holidays
GMAT RESGITERTAION PROCESS AND FEE
How to Register for GMAT?
The GMAT is offered at testing centers almost every day in Pakistan. Call your local center or go to www.mba.com for details and to book your test. While in theory you could sign up for the GMAT with only two days’ notice, don’t depend upon this luxury. Call at least one month prior to your desired test date.
Global Education Foundation
Prometric Testing Center, Suite
No. 217, 2nd floor, Plot No. G7,
Block 9, The Plaza, Scheme Np,
5, Clifton, Karachi; Pakistan
United States Educational
Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP),
Prometric Testing Center, House
16, Street 84, G-6/4, Ataturk
Avenue, Islamabad, Pakistan
Lahore University of
Prometric Testing Center,
GMAT 2019 Fees
The application fee for GMAT 2019 is $250, which would roughly translate to Rs 15,000-16,000 approximately. Also, if the applicants want to change the center or reschedule the test then they will be charged $50 extra.
GMAT Cancellation Fee
If you cancel the exam more than 7 days before the test date then you will be refunded US$80. Also, if you cancel within the 7 days of the test date then you will not get any refund. Moreover, the test appointment cannot be canceled within the 24 hours of the scheduled test and time.
GMAT Rescheduling Fee
If you reschedule the exam more than 7 days before the test date you have to pay US$60.00 fee. Also, if you reschedule the exam within the 7 days of the test date you have to pay US$250.00 fee. Moreover, the exam cannot be rescheduled within the 24 hours of the scheduled test date and time.
What is the Identification requirement for GMAT candidates in Pakistan?
All test takers in Pakistan must present a valid passport as their ID (Identification Document). Please note that without a passport, you will not be admitted at the Test Center on your test date.
The passport you present must:
- be valid, original, and legible
- bear your name in the Roman alphabet exactly as you provided when you made your test appointment (including the order and placement of the names)
- have your date of birth exactly as the date provided when you made your test appointment
- include a recent, recognizable photograph and your signature and date of birth
GMAT CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any unanswered quesries about the SAT, you can visit https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/contact-us
Universities programs Offerd By IBAGRADS
- IBA BBA test preparation
- IBA BS Accounting and Finance ACF test preparation
- IBA BS Economics test preparation
- IBA BS Economics and Mathematics test preparation
- IBA BS Computer Science test preparation
- IBA BS Social Sciences test preparation
- IBA MBA test preparation
- IBA MBA Executive test preparation
- IBA MS Islamic Banking and Finance test preparation
- IoBm BBA Program test preparation
- IoBm BS Accounting and Finance test preparation
- IoBm BS Economics and Finance test preparation
- IoBm BS Entrepreneurship test preparation
- IoBm BS Social Entrepreneurship and Social Leadership test preparation
- IoBm BS Industrial Management test preparation
- IoBm BS Logistics and Supply Chain Management test preparation
- IoBm MBA test preparation
- SZABIST BS (Accounting & Finance) test preparation
- SZABIST BS Entrepreneurship test preparation
- SZABIST BS (Computer Science) test preparation
- SZABIST BE Mechatronic test preparation
- SZABIST BS (Social Sciences) test preparation
- SZABIST BS (Media Sciences) test preparation
- SZABIST BS Biosciences (BS Bio) test preparation
- SZABIST BS Biotechnology (BS Biotech) test preparation
- SZABIST MBA test preparation
- SZABIST EMBA test preparation
- LUMS BA (Honours) English test preparation
- LUMS BA (Honours) History test preparation
- LUMS BA LL.B (Honours test preparation
- LUMS BS Biology test preparation
- LUMS BS Chemical Engineering test preparation
- LUMS BS Chemistry test preparation
- LUMS BS Computer Science test preparation
- LUMS BS Electrical Engineering test preparation
- LUMS BS Mathematics test preparation
- LUMS BS Physic test preparation
- LUMS BSc (Honours) Accounting and Finance test preparation
- LUMS BSc (Honours) Anthropology and Sociology test preparation
- LUMS BSc (Honours) Management Science test preparation
- LUMS BSc (Honours) Political Science test preparation
- LUMS BSc Economics test preparation
- LUMS Economics & Mathematics test preparation
- LUMS Economics and Mathematics (Joint Major) test preparation
- LUMS Executive MBA test preparation
- LUMS MBA test preparation
- KSBL MBA test preparation
- KSBL Executive / Evening MBA test preparation
- IQRA BBA test preparation
- IQRA MBA test preparation
- BAHRIA BBA test preparation
- BAHRIA MBA test preparation
- BAHRIA BS Computer Science test preparation
- BAHRIA Bachelor in Economics and Finance test preparation
- Lahore School of Economics BBA test preparation
- Lahore School of Economics MBA test preparation