- About GIK
- IBAGRADS approach for GIK Testprep
- Programs offered by GIK
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission process at GIK
- Our results
- GIK Contact Information
- Test Preparatory Material for GIK
The Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology (GIKI) is one of the most prestigious engineering institutes of Pakistan. GIKI is known the world over for setting a standard of excellence in the field of engineering. Over the years, the institute has produced bright, innovative graduates employed at some of the most respectable firms all over the world. The Institute aspires to be a center of excellence in engineering sciences and technology, which acts as an effective agent of change and a model for others to emulate. It is autonomous and independently chartered and is funded by the private sector. It strives to attract faculty of outstanding talent and ability to provide the students a supporting and enabling environment. It hopes to produce graduates who distinguish themselves by their professional competence, humanistic outlook and ethical rectitude, pragmatic approach to problem-solving, and organizational and managerial skills. Given these attributes, they should be able to respond adequately to the needs of Pakistan and be the vanguard of their techno-industrial transformation.
For more information please visit www.giki.edu.pk
IBAGRADS approach for GIK Testprep
IBAGRADS prepares its students for the GIK test through ECAT (Engineering Colleges Admission Test) course, material of which is designed in a manner that it prepares a candidate for admission tests of NUST, GIK, LUMS SSE and all other engineering universities in Pakistan. The GIK Admission test is comprised of three subjects:
Programs offered by GIK
i) Computer Sciences & Engineering
ii) Engineering Sciences
iii) Electrical Engineering
iv) Mechanical Engineering
v) Dept. of Management Sciences
vi) Material & Chemical engineering
vii) Department of Civil engineering
Basic Eligibility for BS Engineering & Computer Science Programs
1. HSSC (Pre-Engineering i.e Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
2. HSSC (Pre-Medical) with Additional Mathematics and 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
3. A-Level in three subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with D or above grade each in Mathematics & Physics and O-Level in eight subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science, Urdu, Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies) for local applicants and in five subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science) for those applying from abroad.
Basic Eligibility for BS Management Sciences Program
Basic Eligibility Criteria: Candidates for admission must meet one of Following Criteria:
1. HSSC (Pre-Engg), HSSC (General Science), HSSC (ICS), HSSC (Pre-Medical), HSSC (Humanities) with at least 60% overall marks.
2. A-Level in three subjects with Ds or above grades in two principal subjects and O-Level in eight subjects for local applicants and in five subjects for those applying from abroad with overall 60% or above equivalence as per IBCC formula.
Fees and Expenses
The Institute is a non-profit organization and provides subsidized education. The annual tuition fee (non-refundable) is as under for the 4 years for local residents and wards of expatriate Pakistanis.
|S. No.||Academic Year||Engineering & Computer Sciences (Rs.)||Management Sciences (Rs.)|
Admission process at GIK
i) GIK Test Structure/Pattern
Comparative Assessment Criteria (Merit List)
|Score in Admission Test OR SAT-II (in Mathematics and Physics for Engineering and Computer Science Programs and in any two subjects for Management Sciences Program) for those applying from outside Pakistan||85%|
|HSSC Part I + SSC/Equivalent.||10% + 5%|
|O-level (for those with A-Level and O-Level background).||15%|
|Last completed qualification for High School Diploma, IB diploma or B.Sc. or DAE.||15%|
Candidates, who have completed one of the above qualifications and are awaiting results, may apply for provisional admission. Confirmation of admission will, however, be subject to submission of results by the date specified in the offer letter and fulfillment the above criteria.
ii) Past papers of GIK
GIK Test date:
Gik conduct its entry test once in a year in junior july.
413 students got admission in NUST, GIK, PIEAS, FAST, NED and other top engineering universities in 2018
GIK Contact Information
Test Preparatory Material for GIK
Following books are included in our GIK Material:
|Verbal Material (Basic & Work Book) Rs.1000/-|
|Math Material (Basic & Work Book) Rs.1000/-|
|Physics Material (Basic & Work Book) Rs.1000/-|
|Chemistry Material (Basic & Work Book) Rs.1000/-|
|4 Full-Length Tests Rs.500/-|
|Complete Material Rs: 4500/-|
*Free delivery in Karachi for order of Rs: 2000/- or above..
* The above given cost of testprep material is only for Karachi. Additional Rs. 500 will be charged for out of Karachi.